Thursday 11 June 2020

613. Creating A Life Plan


Are you faced with conflict? Constantly feeling pulled in 10 directions at once? Today's show dives in to help clear the clutter and find focus.

 

Thank you so much for listening! WE ARE SO GRATEFUL!!!!

Our Sponsor: 

Multifamily Foundation

If you are serious about learning how to buy apartment buildings then don’t wait, go to www.multifamilyfoundation.com and let us help you build your foundation.

Investing for Lifestyle and Legacy: https://www.yarusiholdings.com/

Our ENTIRE Podcast, Books and Health Suggestions: https://www.amazon.com/shop/yarusiholdings

Subscribe To Us On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1SuXB01d14DC8ZnEWpRQdQ?sub_confi rmation=1

Subscribe To Us on #Libsyn: http://multifamilyfoundation.libsyn.com/website

Subscribe To Us on iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-multifamily-foundation/id1484177595

Transcription:

Are we here? Where are you here? And we're live, live second cup of coffee. This is Jason. So we are started. We are here. We are ready to go. Uh, so definitely love being in front of you guys. Uh, you can catch us over on, uh, Facebook, if you are over on Instagram, we're here somewhere today, also over on Twitter and YouTube. And we're on Twitch again, which we repeat daily, but we still have not figured out what the heck that means, but we're there. If you are looking for us there, we're there. So probably not, but if you, if you are we're there so happy Thursday, it feels like, I don't know what day it feels like. Cause it feels like we're in the weekend already. Right. But doesn't matter. Everybody's good. That's right. And that is part of where we're going today. What the conversation is, is that we are talking about a few things, right? Creating a life plan. Yes. We're creating where talking about creating a life plan. We're also going to dive into podcasting and asking the right questions. And this was something that came from our Facebook group, the multi multi-family formulas, and people asked us to talk about it. So first let's talk about creating a life plan. Sure. Well, I was actually all into the question part, cause maybe I did that part. That's a lead into life plan, right? I think so many times in our,

 

in our life, what would keeps us from having decisions is that we haven't set our values to where it makes sense. So we know, and we understand what our, what our life plan is. Right? So on that fact, if we don't know what the plan is, then we have to make a decision. Well, we don't know how to, how to value that decision. Thank you. Cup of coffee, right in front of me. We don't know how to value that decision because we don't have something to fall back on. Right. So, so we have to figure out, okay, what bucket does this lie? Right. So, um, I want to do this with the family, but I'm being asked to do this at work. Um, and I should be doing this. And since I don't have that life plan, I don't know how to make that best choice to really signal what is the most significant thing that needs to be done right now at this stage of my life. So wait, this is something, a term that I actually just learned from a marketing genius. She called it a light house. What is your lighthouse? What is it that you can go back to and focus your life on? I mean, we could go into so many different little tendons about making a life plan, whether it be financially, emotionally, physically, spiritually, all these things should be part of your lighthouse. I absolutely adore that term

 

right now because it gives you the visual of that light, that continuously beacons, that you know, that it'll serve you and it'll point you in the right direction. So what is your lighthouse and how are you going to figure that out? And right now I'm going to figure out because on one platform where we're reverse from the other. So I'm trying to figure out how you're on both sides of me, but regardless that's for another point. So I don't have a, I don't have a lighthouse from there, so we have to come back to it. But ultimately when you look at this, I mean, lighthouse is a great analogy, right? So it helps, it helps you find your way home. Right? And that's a lots of times when we don't feel connected to what we're doing or we kind of feel off track it's because we don't have that base, but we're missing. What is the most important thing right now? To me? What is it that carries me through what's my future look like? So what does those steps need to be to get there? Right? So it's like building anything. So, you know, putting together a car, right? If the, if they don't know the end product, then there, and they're just putting things together, you might have the tires inside the car because they haven't labeled, you know, how the future of this product is going to be. And I mean, things

 

like this and, you know, um, Elon Musk, you know, going into space, right? They're going to learn to use reusable rockets. Right. You know, we were hoping to be able to see that yesterday, but they had to make, you know, they knew what their future plan is. They have their plan with this is going to point a knee impact of the weather ultimately carries through that day, the right decision. Because they have that plan in place is actually now pushes off for the next day, Saturday, going forward, talk about having to like pivot on a monumental way. I'm sure they had that plan. I'm sure they were like, okay, if the weather happens, then we switched to this. But the thing is that is a huge pivot. And that those kinds of pivots can only happen if you have that plan in place. Imagine if Elon Musk and he would not have done this, but imagine if he did not have that secondary plan, what would have happened? I mean, what do you just scrap the whole kabillion dollar project and not done it? No, he had a plan and social user, let's go back to this, this thought of having your lighthouse. So for, for me and Jason, for Jason and I that's much better grammar, right. For Jason. And I w that sounds like me. So I would have said that and kept rolling, but on that fast, so the house is each

 

other and then, sorry, I'm going to Jacob today, catching up Jacob. He so surrounding that lighthouse is our children. So everything we do is for the benefit of us and our children surrounding our children, is our family surrounding our family, is our friends run. Our family. Our friends is the whole community of people that we want to help and serve on a regular basis. So I'm also listening to what our lighthouse does now, because I hear kids crying because we actually have one just keeps sneaking in here trying to catch, you know, the behind the scenes here. She gets the, uh, the, the view from, from, from, uh, from, I guess, the stage, right? So let's talk about now, how do we create that life plan? And that leads into the next question is we were talking podcasting and there's a few other podcasters out there, you know, asking about simply asking questions, right? Wait, what is it? Um, that, that creates a great podcast and it's not so much always the questions, it's the preparation for the questions, right? So, so much. And this comes down to conversations, whether it's in business relationships, where, where I find that we've all been here, right? We we've all been in this moment where you're in a conversation and either you're speaking or the other person is speaking, and we're not ideally connected because we're not listening right. Our mind somewhere else, you know, um, we have

 

to remember to pick up milk or, you know, I forgot to do this before. So you were distracted from the moment. So when that question comes up, or that topic comes up, we haven't listened enough to really identify, uh, what should be that next question? Right. So the one question we shot here is why are we not napping? And what is that going to look like for the rest of the day to our three year old who just walked in. But when we look at things like this, the questions are the most important. What you find is when we're most engaged, is that it's not when we're talking, right. It's when we're hearing from other people and listening and really engaged. And if you want to create great relationships, you want to create, um, a great future, make sure that you're connecting and you're giving the other, you're giving breath to the other people. And you're hearing what they're saying. You're hearing what's, what's coming up from them. So, you know, when we first started, you know, we, we, we would have a set of questions, right. That we would, we would have to our side. Right. And we would try and hit some of these questions we found, but I found that as nice as that was that yet, yet you kind of have that backstop is that, that would take away from the conversation, right? Because if I want to ask this question,

 

well, we may be getting gold from this, from the person we're interviewing and we stop, or we disrupt that because now we're trying to get into the question that doesn't fit into the interview anymore. It's listening what they're saying. Right? So, so we are interviewing these people. Did they get the greatness that they've done and, and be able to relay that information to you by asking valuable questions. So by hearing them and understanding what they're saying, we're able to go back and give them feedback. And it's the same thing in relationships. So many times when maybe a relationship is not going as we want, well, are we talking, are we listening? Because when we go back and we actually take, in those words that someone's saying, well, maybe if there is a disagreement, we can understand. Cause, cause instead of just assuming what they mean, we're now hearing them. And sometimes it's like hearing someone for the first time, right? Because you get lost in this whole point where you're constantly talking or constantly speaking, then the moments there to really create that relationship are being lost because we're making it more about us and where I think, uh, we, we constantly hear, you know, the, the, the, the wording, you know, um, be more interested than interesting. Right. And, uh, David Meltzer was on a show, uh, talks to that a lot. And why that's important is that if we're always talking, we're not

 

learning, right. We're always trying to set the stage because we're not hearing what other people are. So we're not able to build because we're not getting better at asking the questions because ultimately it's a great podcast, a great movie, a great anything is that they're asking the questions that uncovered the story and you're back in the back. So we're talking about podcasts or you're talking to podcasts, movies, relationships. So we were moving along because I was going into the point here where I didn't know if you were coming back in. So I was going to keep the narrative going, but great storyteller, you know, if he was a great writer, but you have to capture the audience with the, the first, the narrative, the story, but asking questions that are going to be answered later. Right? And so those questions have to have a resolve and help that appointment, the same thing in our life. Right. We constantly have to be asking questions. I was listening to the person yesterday, I'm on, on a podcast. And he, he was the person that he's doing dual lingo now is his app. And I'm blanking on his name. I apologize. Cause I'm sure he's listening here. Right. But an AskPat he's made captcha and recapture, which if you've ever brought anything, it's that, um, it's those annoying letters that you have to type in below and try and get them sized up. Right. Um, to really pass

 

on that, you're a human and now it's the pictures. Well, he started that just as a point, because, you know, back when Yahoo was created, they were getting tens of thousands of, uh, of, of, you know, emails, you know, like, uh, by your Canadian pharmacies and all these things, because they had no triggered. I could stop that. So he solved that problem. He thought, well, well, what's the question or the question is how do I stop this from, um, creating all this mass chaos. Right? And so Yahoo within, you know, usually takes months review. They pick this up in about seven to 10 days and started putting us in the cycle, but he wouldn't further. And when his friends would ask him, you know, and he would meet people at parties, you need to talk about, Hey, so what do you do? Oh, I'm the guy who cap created a caption like, man, that's so annoying dude. So he wanted to find a way because people, he was finding people were wasting something like 5,000 hours a day, trying to figure out those letters. And so he said, well, what's the next point? And he found that, um, because computers were not up to speed yet they couldn't go in there and dissect about 20 sector, um, or, or put into words like if you had a hard copy papers from the 1930s, because the computers were not up for about 30% of words, they

 

couldn't go in there. And actually w what is the word I'm using? They couldn't go in there and actually turn that into a digital, right. So, so in that part of a book, couldn't be put digitally because they couldn't read about 30% of the words. So he started putting in words that were unknown as recapture and allowing people as they were typing in words, to teach to computer, to the point here that they were going in and now training the computer to denounce, basically, uh, go in there and complete the 30% that was lacking. So now he was giving another step here, like, okay, so I know this is annoying, but how can I put this to good use? Well, now he was getting like New York times, like archive, um, you know, of 30 of 80 years of paperwork, or, you know, or basically articles that they were now getting captured and putting a line. So find that use. And that was the next question. Right? So the next question was, okay, so we've solved that problem. We've moved on. Um, but he found that language, um, was of course a huge, a huge barrier and people who could have English, um, in the country, I think he was from Venezuela. Um, I believe, but in that fact, his country that, you know, people would be able to just maximize their income. If they could speak English, just a simple thing of that maximizing income.

 

I, their, their income may be 10 times as much just by that simple thing, but people didn't have this access to it. So he created a free app and that free app, Mel allowed him to go forward and help people to do that, but yet to find a way to monetize. So it, the story keeps going. But if you keep asking the question, what is it that I can help with? What's that story? Well, the same thing goes for life, goes for podcasting goes for anything that you want to get better at. Sometimes I think we're, we're afraid to be like, we were afraid not to know. Right. We're afraid to not know or be the one in the room who looks dumb or because we're new to something. Right. And if we think back to school, I mean, every day we didn't know something right. Every day we were learning. So, but maybe because we now are, we are so critical of ourselves that we don't want to be that person in the room who doesn't know. So we choose that. Okay. We just won't go. We won't do it. We won't engage because we don't want to look silly. We don't want to ask that dumb question. Well, the more dumb questions to you, you ask, the more you go forward. So, and you don't know really what your audience is looking for. Unless you ask those questions and ask the questions that

 

you think are dumb. Cause you never know if that's a question or if there's like an adjunct to that question that your audience needs. So this, this whole question about podcasting and asking the right question, came from our friend, Lisa at, on air brands. And she was asking about how do you figure out and how do you find the right questions? And when Jason and I first started podcasts and we had a list of questions that we would always ask like to a T and we were over, but you can keep going with it. So, but it makes sense. I was on, I was on a roll, but now, now I'm kind of not on a roll because I don't have any, anything else I think Jason already covered. Why is the importance of questions so important in our life plan? Because you have to continuously ask yourself, am I doing the right thing? Am I doing the correct thing? Do I need to course correct? Do I need to look up from the every day? Like humdrum, everyday grind, everyday stuff of life to make sure that that light is still in front of me, that I'm still on course. Well, you, if you want, you know, a house on a col-de-sac or you want a Ferrari, or you want to buy real estate, or you want a new job, well, you have to ask that question. Why? Because if you just say that,

 

does it sound good? Or what is the why that underlines there? That, that is basically to the point that that's so important for you to do this. And of course it's 15 minutes in halfway through your workout. If you are going on that fact. Yes, you are so great job when you work out right there. Kick it off to the end. Good questions. Awesome. That's awesome questions. What's next? What's after the 15. Oh, we can still talk in questions. Okay. So one question. So let's talk some more. Let's talk. So we, today we actually push on apart. We are now asking questions about more. So pili is working on mother's a real estate and because there's so many great mamas out there buying real estate and doing some things. So what is it? So I've had this thing in my head for probably the beginning of 2020, and I have been formed that in my head I've taken notes, but most of it was kind of this monster in my head. And finally I got into this, um, women's group and we were just talking and I ended up talking to an old friend of mine, old real estate for the mind that I don't really talk. I hadn't talked to as much because she does flipping and wholesaling. Whereas Jason, I jumped into the large multifamily, but I kept on thinking one of my, one of the tenants of what I wanted to do

 

was talk to all these other mothers that I couldn't talk to, or I could talk to you, but I really wanted to draw them on a mother level. And I already have the podcast mothers of multifamily. So if these mothers didn't do multifamily, I couldn't very well bring them into that podcast. So I was laying down there one day and I was like, what if I do mothers or real estate? Oh my goodness. So this is my more, this is a more that I want to give to, to you owe our listeners. And I was talking to this beautiful, amazing, amazing real estate investor, Melissa Johnson. And she's been a good friend of mine for years now. And I was like, Melissa, I'm just going to kind of like brain dump on you. Let me know what you think. And we started talking, we got like giddy, um, she's in Texas, I'm here. We're probably like jumping on the beds. And then we're like thinking to ourselves, what can we, who else can we bring on? Because I was like, I want this to be a CoLab project. I don't want to do it by myself. And I don't think, I think it can be bigger than just the two of us. So we thought of two more names, Becca, Shea and Stephanie betters, and what better women to have with us. We were all in the same coaching program back in the day. And I

 

cannot wait. I cannot wait to show you what we're going to do for you. And we're going live at one o'clock Eastern 12 o'clock o'clock central for all of you who are listening, I'm in Melissa's base. And it's going to be the four of us, just basically talking real estate, motherhood, money, mental health, and marriage. And I am so excited to just give you more. So w what came across at Debra relates to what we're doing today is that you don't always have to have the full story of the idea, right? But, but purely had the idea and she got my call and just started talking it out and it like comes up with you. You, you gotta to talk to someone. The more you talk, the more you conjure up images in your mind, you've already come in to conjure up ideas. Other feedback you get from people starts creating the narrative, creating the story, building out the full story, the full body of the story, and also getting it down on paper, start writing it because then it starts becoming real. And the more you write, the more you start adding in there, the more you start giving it to air, that the more you start understanding where you're going. So for that, if you have this great idea, but you're just thinking, I just don't know where to go. What? Maybe just start talking about it. Right. And don't worry. No, one's

 

going to steal your idea. I mean, I understand like, no one's going to steal it. Like, so an effect there, everybody else is just not going out there and running to steal every idea. So get out there and talk with someone that you like to really help yourself forward, because the more you put it out there, the more it now becomes back in drove because now it's real. And so if you just thinking in your mind, I've been thinking of this for 10 years. Okay. Enough already. Let's go see, see how great it is. Put it out there, because if it doesn't work, okay, at least you get out of your mind, you can move on to something else. Get it out of your mind. I know there are a billion people out there with these trillions of ideas, just stuck in their head. Get it out of your mind, put it out there. Talk to one person about it. I mean, if anything, that'd be my challenge to you today is how I know. I know. I know each of you has this idea, this big audacious idea and dream in your head. Talk to someone about it. Call me, call Jason DMS, let us know what the idea is. We're not going to steal it. I mean, we're all over social. You can just be like, they stole our idea. Um, the thing is, and even if somebody did steal that amazing idea,

 

so what, it's not going to be the same as what you thought up. It's not going to be, it's not going to be this amazing thing that you have in your brain. It's going to be something totally different. What you put together, what you put together is going to be so unique and so amazing. And if the world needs it, the world will tell you. So get it out of your head, get it onto some paper, get it on, get it into somebody else's brain and formulate this amazing thing. And I cannot wait. I cannot wait for one o'clock to happen because this is going to be amazing. Folks. I am so excited and we're going to go live and we're going to go live on a few different platforms. I created the more a YouTube channel. I, and then we're going to go it's to be live on my page Melissa's business page. And then both Stephanie and Becca has personal pages. So you have no excuses. We're going to be all over the place on this thing. So go to, you know, you've you've you must follow one of us, go to your favorite person, FA go on to their page and watch us. And I hope, I hope you enjoy what you hear. Oh, I know you will. And for that going in there, you got commons for the shell. We love your comments. We always getting great comments from you guys

 

talking to him. And we talked from him today. Love hearing from you. Love, hearing the feedback. Thanks so much for always tuning into the show, checking it out. We've got some great things coming up. Um, so we adjacent pero on the show. Um, it's got a thousand units out, a launch. I think it was launching a podcast yesterday, a thousand units out in Pennsylvania. And we have, uh, we have Natalie coming on. I always say her name, right? S I C H sitch. I always say her name wrong, but she is an amazing mama. She is, she is one of the partners in active duty, passive income, and their mission folks is astounding. So look for that on our YouTube channel. And if you like, what you hear here, look for that. Look for that podcast. Look for the other podcasts with Jason pero and like review subscribe, and let us know what you think about the content that we're putting out there. So let's take us home tomorrow. We will be back. We are going to be touching on what we've learned this week and becoming the rock in the ocean. And I think if you look at rocks in the ocean, think about what that means to you, because right now it just might be an object, but where can we use the rock philosophy in the ocean to start creating a more mentally tough mentally driven life? All right. So then we

 

have like nine platforms open here. Um, so for some reason today, so we might be longer on some of these platforms than not, but we're going to take this home. This is Jason drinking coffee, a second cup of coffee live, join us by your second cup of coffee. Every Monday through Friday at noon live every bringing us our best content we've done so far, super excited, super engaging bunch of break guests. We're here to answer your questions and so appreciate you listening. Make sure to check this out. Can't wait to see you.




Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment